Selling your house could be stressful. Follows my 5 tips to make your experience a successful one.
- Find out what your home is worth, then take off 15-20%. Multiple bids will jack up the price over what it’s worth.
- Curb appeal.The first thing a buyer sees is the exterior of your home. An unappealing outer appearance can cause a buyer to drive right passed your home without any consideration.
- Make your house look and feel as airy and bright as possible. A buyer is looking for a fresh new place to call home and a cluttered dark home can be distracting to what the home can offer.
- De-peresonalize.The more personal stuff in your house, the less potential there is for a buyer to imagine themselves living there.
- Don’t go overboard with the upgrades. A fresh coat of paint could go a long way. If you do decide to invest in an upgrade, focus on the kitchen and bathrooms.